For a lot of people its the fear of the unknown that holds them back on their fitness goals. The will might be there, but taking that first step can be daunting. I had it myself when i started training in the gym, and then again when I started triathlon training. Its so easy to put it on the long finger for another week or two, and then it just never happens.
At Accelerate Fitness the program is based on where you are now, and where you want to get to. Every individual is unique, and so is every plan. Here is abrief run through of it works when you kick start your health and fitness goals with Accelerate Fitness. There are a few areas we can look at to give you an idea of how it all works.
- Initial Consultation – This is the first stage and something which you don’t even get charged for. I understand that a lot of people are unsure if personal training, or even just gym training is for them, so I don’t believe in putting barriers up by charging. So, you’ll come in for a chat about what it is you are looking for and we can discuss how those targets/goals can be reached.. The main focus is to really establish exactly what it is you are after so that we can make sure everything is set up to hit those goals in the shortest possible time.
- First session – For your first session we will do a movement screening to see if there are any imbalances or weaknesses in the movement chain that may potentially be an issue or hold us back. If so, there will be a plan to deal with/eradicate the issues. Then we’ll go on to some body measurements…IF…. your goal is aesthetics, i.e adjust body shape/weight. We will track these through our time training to make sure they are going int he right direction. Finally, we’ll do some checks on where you are in from a strength point of view. All the info collected during this first session will then be used, along with your goals and targets, to design your personalised program. It is worth pointing out that, it does NOT matter where you are in terms of body size/weight, or strength and fitness, it is just a starting point. The focus is getting you to your goals, not where you are at this moment.
- Training sessions – Once your 100% personalised program is designed, we get to work on it. The program will be geared totally towards what you want and use all the latest proven industry methods and techniques to get the best possible results for you. The program will change and adapt as we progress to ensure you are constantly being pushed and improving.
- Nutrition – No matter what your goal is, Nutrition will be looked at to make sure we can get to where we want to go, faster. A full Nutrition analysis will be done in the first week, to see what can stay, and what needs to be altered. Any changes will again, be based on your goals and targets. The aim isn’t to eat 100% clean, 100% of the time. This isnt sustainable long term, so why do it. The aim is to create healthy eating habits 80-85% of the time ( enjoy yourself for that other 15-20%), and having you eating the appropriate calories and macros ( fats, proteins, carbs) for you and your goals. As the weeks and months pass, we will keep checking up on the nutrition and also see if anything needs to be adjusted.
- Progression and updates. It is so important to track progress, If you aren’t assessing, you’re just guessing. With that in mind, we will do regular updates on progress and make sure we are on track. If we need to change anything, then these updates will let us know and ensure we are not wasting any time.
- Supplementary support – as well as the training sessions and nutrition work, there are a range of other services available for clients. Firstly, all PT clients get FREE access to Accelerate Fitness Bootcamp, which takes place 3 times a week on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. You will be added to the Accelerate Fitness Facebook group where various nutrition and training tips and info are shared. Additional workout plans are also available for clients if they want to do home workouts, gym workouts themselves, or run plans,core workouts, if that is a side goal to focus on. On top of all of that, you will be able to, and are encouraged to, ask as many questions as you can think of during those first few weeks, which will make it all a little less daunting.
The above is a rough guide as to what is involved, but no person is exactly the same as another, so at Accelerate Fitness no program is exactly the same. The most important step in terms of achieving your goals, is the first step. This time, take the step and do get in touch today.